Find below important information regarding your upcoming Chennai Trail Marathon 2017.
BIB distribution is on Saturday Sep 9th 9am-5pm at Kasturba Nagar Residents Association Community Hall, 3rd Cross Street, Kasturibai Nagar, Adyar Chennai. You can collect your BIB and (optional) t-shirt (size cannot be changed). Any race related queries can be clarified at our info desk.
This email contains useful information on how to reach the running venue GOJAN College, facilities, overnight stay, reporting timings and event flow. Please read through it carefully.
There is a large covered open space where runners can stay free overnight on Saturday (no separate registration required). Some 200+ runners and volunteers stayed at the campus in previous years. Those opting to stay overnight please bring along a sleeping mat, blanket and torch. Toilets are available at various locations around the campus.
Hotels to Stay
Outstation runners looking for a hotel to stay can consider the following suggestions, which are about 17 kms (45 mins drive) from the venue.
2) SVM Residency – http://svmresidenc
Every runner gets one free post-run meal on Sunday, either breakfast (21.1 km), lunch (42.2 km & 50 km). Runners can show their BIBs to collect their breakfast/Lunch. Additional food coupons (Rs.100/-) for non-runners/visitors can be ordered in the below link.
We have also arranged for dinner on Saturday for runners and their supporters/visitors who would be arriving at Gojan campus to stay overnight. Dinner coupon (Rs. 100/-) can be ordered the same link. Dinner will be served 6-8pm. Ordered food coupons can be paid and collected at the BIB distribution venue.
Additional food coupons registration form
- Upon arrival enter the campus through the main gate entrance.
- Park your vehicles at the designated parking areas for bikes and cars – do not part your vehicles blocking the way or path.
- For any queries please report to our Info Desk.
- Keep valuables and luggage inside your vehicles – we highly advise not to bring valuables to the venue
- There is a luggage desk for those who wish to check in their baggage, but we suggest you to minimize your luggage for check in and keep most of your luggage, (particularly valuables) inside your locked vehicles. Organizers will not be responsible for loss or theft of valuables.
- Toilets are available at several locations around the campus – please help us keep the toilets clean and neat for others to use them.
- Report at the open space for warm-up and stretching
- Refreshments/First Aid is available at the starting point.
Please report sharp on time at the below timings at the venue on 10th Sept (Sunday):
|50Kms||All||3:30 AM||4:00 AM||7:30|
|42.2Kms||All||4:00 AM||4:30 AM||6:30|
|21.1Kms||260-600||4:30 AM||5:00 AM||3:30|
|21.1Kms||601-900||5:00 AM||5:30 AM||3:30|
|21.1Kms||901-1200||5:30 AM||6:00 AM||3:30|
Important – Runners (all categories) finishing beyond above cut-off timings will NOT receive medal and finisher e-certificate.
- Banana & Orange
- Snickers & Groundnut bars
- Lemon & Salt
- First aid/Volini
- Boiled potato, [FM/Ultra runners – 2nd loop]
CTM 2017 is a timed event, therefore every runner is requested to ensure that their timing chips are properly attached to the BIB. Ensure that they run through the timing reader antenna kept at the starting point of the run and also ensure that they run through the timing reader antenna during the completion.
- Attach your BIB to your running t-shirt, ensure that the Timing chip is properly attached to the BIB.
- Write an emergency number (wife, parent, relative…) on the back of your BIB
- Torch – must for Ultra and FM runners
- Sun protection (cap, sun screen). Depending on the weather we can expect hot sun in the open location after 8am
- Hydration belt to carry additional water in between the aid stations [as you require]
- You ll receive your finisher medal as you run through the finish line
- Immediately move to the finisher podiums to take a podium photo
- Go to the Physio building for post-run cool down and stretches
- Don’t forget to pick up your luggage at the baggage desk
- Proceed to the canteen for (free) breakfast (runners to show BIB)