Some say it as one of the most challenging ultra runs, some call it the most beautiful multi-terrain trail run in South. Come and experience running bliss on Sep 13th near Chennai!
Registration portal – https://www.chennaitrekkingclubevents.org/Events/CTCEvents/ctm2015/ctm2015_Entry.aspx
Headcount limited to 1000 (entry criteria below).
CHENNAI TRAIL MARATHON, Sept 13th 2015 (Sunday)
- Organizer: Chennai Trekking Club
- Web site: www.chennaitrekkers.org
- Facebook: Chennai Trail Marathon
- Objective: non-profit event to promote trail running, outdoors, active lifestyle
- Venue: Cholavaram Lake near Red Hills, Chennai
- Cause: CTC’s tree plantation initiatives. In the past 3 years we have planted more then 3000 saplings in and around Chennai.
- Target: active long-distance runners. Headcount restricted to 1000 runners
- Categories: 21K, 42K, 50K
- Registration: 550Rs (all categories) includes free overnight stay, breakfast, refreshments, medal, certificate, photos, timing chip
- Runners unable to pay registration fee kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- T-shirt: optional: 250Rs
- Entry criteria:
- Minimum age 18 years
- 21K: Open Category
- 10K: max 1:20 (men) 1:30 (women)
- 21K: max 3:00 (men) 3:15 (women
- 42/50K: Open Category
- 21K: max 3:00 (men) 3:15 (women)
- 42K: max 6:00 (men) 6:30 (women)
- Veteran Category (43 years+): no entry criteria
- Start timings/Cut off: (eligibility for medal/certificate)
- 50K: start 4am – cut off: 7 hours (men), 7:30 hours (women) – All categories
- 42K: start 4:15am – cut off: 6:15 hours (men), 6:45 hours (women) – All categories
- 21K: start 5am – cut off: 3:30 hours (men), 4 hours (women) – All categories
- Start timings are tentative and subject to weather conditions.
- Track: off-road hard trail
- Terrain: lakes, canyons, dams, rivers, paddy fields, forest and grasslands
- Route: 21K circular trail
- Aid stations: every 3-4K
- On rainy day it may drizzle or rain making the terrain wet, slushy and some portions slippery.
- On non-rainy day it may be very hot even at 7.30 a.m.
- Venue: GOJAN School of Business & Technology
- Stay: free overnight stay at school. College toilet and canteen facilities available
- Car pooling: contact of car owners willing to car pool will be shared among runners from same location
- Hotels: list of hotels near venue for out station runners will be shared after registration
- Refreshments: available at aid stations every 3-4K
- Food: South Indian buffet breakfast at college canteen
- Optional: Saturday dinner / Sunday lunch coupons available for runners/friends/relatives (75Rs)
- BIB distribution: hotel venue in Chennai city being finalized
- Medal: received at finish line if completing within cut-off time
- E-certificate: emailed post-event if completing within cut-off time
- NO price money.
- Podium awards for top 3 finishers, all distances, open and veteran age categories, men and women
- Photos: extensive photo coverage will be shared free immediately after event
- About: The Chennai Trekking Club is a non-profit volunteer-based community which organizes outdoors, sports and environmental events throughout the year
- Web site: www.chennaitrekkers.org
- Facebook: Chennai Trekking Club
- Media: In the news
- Marathons: Chennai Trail Marathon – Sep 13th, Javadhu Hills Ultra – July 12th
- Triathlons: Chennai Triathlon – Aug 9th, Chennai Iron Triathlon – Dec 20th
- Environment: Chennai Coastal Cleanup – June 7th, Annual Green Day – Nov
- Non-profit: Accounts summary of the event will be shared with runners
- Green: CTC’s green wing Ainthinai ensures that events are organized in a sustainable manner